Here are a few links to the best courses and resources available on the internet. I'm sure a few of them will be new to even the most experienced programmers in our community.
- Java for Android - Crash Course - Perfect build up to getting started on Android without having written code before. Skip the first few posts of this course if you have programmed in C++/Java before.
- Mkyong - Lot's of beginner level Android Tutorials
- Vogella - Great site to learn Android Development, Java, Version Control software, Web programming, Algorithms and much more in a truly structured manner.
- Programming in Ecstasy - The Philosophical views of a veteran "psygrammer".
- Jay Bosamiya's Blog - A blog written by an Alumnus of SKCH. He's currently pursuing Computer Science at IIT-Roorkee.
- XDA Developers - Not really a programming related site, but a great place for one to get their hand's dirty with Android custom firmware, Open source projects and gaining experience in a world-class forum. You Don't have to be a programmer to be relevant on XDA. And don't forget to register yourself there.
Stay tuned to read the post written by Arjun Rao talking about a Harvard course that you MUST take at least once in your lifetime.
I'm sure many of you know about a lot of different resources. Please add them in the comments. This post probably just scratches the surface. Stay tuned for detailed posts for getting started with each track.
And finally something to leave you inspired